Default category weights are shown in the image below.
- To change the value of one or more category weights, see steps 1 through 4 below – make sure the sum of all category weights is 100%.
- If you do not plan on using all four Effort Categories, change the weight of any category you are not using to 0% and adjust the remaining category weights so that the total is 100%. Categories that are set to 0% will be removed from reporting tables in your Teacher Dashboard and Student Portals.
Example: Mr. Rose wants to start using E4Effort with just the Participation and On Task categories. He will need to set the weights of Ready and Behavior to 0% and adjust Participation and On Task weights to percentages that sum to 100%.
Mr. Rose can start using the Ready and/or Behavior categories at any time by changing their weights from 0% to the desired percentage and adjusting all active category weights to sum to 100%.
To adjust category weights:
Step 1 Sign In to your Teacher Dashboard and select Setup from the side panel and then Category Weights.
Step 2 Select the “Edit” button for the category you wish to change,
Step 3 Edit the Score Weight to the desired percentage and click the Save button,
Step 4 Repeat steps 1 through 3 for other category weights that you wish to adjust,
Step 5 Check to make sure that the sum of all category weights is 100%.
The Basics / related articles and screencasts:
- Obtaining the Teacher Scoring App
- Creating Courses
- Adding Students to Courses
- Change student schedules – Regular acct.
- Update class rosters – Clever-synced acct.
- Create a new Term
- Change Category Weights
- Forgot password /change email or password
- Manage your subscription
Articles are relevant for all three subscription plans (Bronze, Silver, and Gold).