The third column lists the student’s overall percentage which is a weighted average of the four effort categories. The default weights for each of the effort categories are: Ready 20%, Participation 20%, On Task, 30%, and Behavior 30%. Default weights may be changed by going to the “Setup” button on the side panel. Also, unscored categories register as 0% so if you are not using one or more of the effort categories, set that category’s weight to zero and change the other category weights so that they total 100%, otherwise student Overall percentages will be adversely affected (see: How to change category weights).
It’s a very good idea to include student effort data in your electronic gradebook even if it does not impact the student’s academic grade. Including the overall effort percentage in the gradebook will allow students, parents, and you to compare and contrast academic performance with in-class effort (see: Include student in-class effort in your gradebook).
Access codes are needed by students to view their Student Portals. Student Portals are not included in the free Bronze version of E4Effort.
Silver and Gold subscribers, see: Giving students their access codes.
To add a previously created student to a Course or to create a brand new student, select the “Manage Students” button.
Adding a previously created student to a Course
- Click on the “Add existing students to this course” window
- Select the student or students you wish to add (in the image, Dusty and Felton have been selected and Ebony is about to be added).
- When you are done adding students, scroll down to the end of your student list and press the “Save” button
- Scroll to the bottom of the Course’s student list and click on the [+Add Student] button once – a First Name window and a Last Name window will appear.
- Type the first name of student you are adding and hit the tab key on your computer keyboard, type last name of student
- If you have another new student to add, hit tab key again and a new row will appear.
From Courses/Students you can also make changes to a student’s name or schedule.
- Click on the ”Edit” button.
- Make desired changes to Student’s name or schedule and then click on the “Save” button.