STEP 1: Signing up and syncing courses and students – Clever Library-synced Account
There are three parts to the E4Effort system. Parts 1 and 2 are created at sign up. Obtaining the Effort Scoring App is necessary and explained in Beginner’s Guide / STEP 2
Free Bronze subscription plan
When you sign up to E4Effort via Clever Library you will automatically be assigned to our free Bronze plan. Upgrading, downgrading, or canceling is done from the Accounts page of your Teacher Dashboard. You may review subscription plan options by clicking on the “Pricing” button above
I. Signing Up for E4Effort and syncing courses and students using Clever Library
Watch this short screencast video to see an overview of the steps outlined below.
- Sign in to your Clever portal as a teacher or go to E4Effort’s sign up page and choose the “Log in with Clever” option.
- From the Clever portal, select the “Library” tab, then “Classroom Management” and then “E4Effort.”
- Select the “Install E4Effort” and “Allow and Continue” buttons.
II. Managing which courses are viewable in your Teacher Dashboard and Effort Scoring App
Some schools sync courses and sections for the entire school year. It is best practice to place courses that are not part of the active term into “Inactive” status.
- Navigate to the “Manage Courses” page by clicking on the Owl (#1 in the image)
- Review your course list and sections and decide which courses should be deactivated
- Use the Deactivate button (#2) to move courses to your inactive list
- To activate deactivated courses, click on the “Show Inactive” button (#3).
If you are teacher who teaches more than one subject to the same students (e.g. elementary teacher)
you can make E4Effort easier to use by choosing 1 or 2 courses for all of your effort scoring. When you see the same students for multiple courses, it’s difficult to remember to keep switching courses on the app. Additionally, having just one or two courses helps with the Participation category because student participation will be equalized over a larger segment of the school day.
Note: You can use E4Effort’s Subcategory feature to give titles to learning activities in the On-Task category. For example, even though you are in the Course “Mathematics,” you can create a Subcategory titled “Science.” This will allow you to assess student effort more specifically by course. This is also helpful for parent teacher conferences and staff meetings (RTI, PBIS). The categories of Participation and Behavior also allow Subcategories to be created. See the article Creating or editing Subcategories in the Help Center.
III. Updating Clever-synced courses and students
- Clever updates courses and students on a regular basis
- If you would like to resync Clever data, go to Settings on the side panel of your E4Effort Teacher Dashboard and then select “Resync Clever Data”