The Teacher Dashboard and…
Regular Accounts – adding or editing students and courses
I. Adding Students
To add a new student or a previously created student to a Course, select the Manage Students button (see #7 in the image).
Creating a new student
- Scroll to the bottom of the Course’s student list and click on the Add Student button (#8) – a First Name window and a Last Name window will appear.
- Type the first name of student you are adding and hit the tab key on your computer keyboard, type last name of student. If you have another new student to add, hit tab key again and a new row will appear. Click the “Save” button when you are finished.
Adding one or more previously created students to an existing or new Course
- Click in the window below “Add existing students to this course” (#9).
- Select the student or students you wish to add (in the image Alane, Alfredo, Bobby, and Casey have been selected and Charlie is about to be added).
- When you are done adding students, scroll down to the end of your student list and press the Save button.
- If you are creating a new Course and you want to add all previously entered students, click “Select All Active Students” (#10). You may remove one or more students by clicking the “X” next to their name (#11). Remember to click the Save button.
II. Editing Names and Changing Schedules
From the same Students table, you can edit a student’s name or change their schedule
- Click on the “Edit” button to the right of the student’s name (#12)
- Click in either of the name windows to change the spelling of a student’s name (#13)
- To change a student’s schedule, click one or more of the Courses’ boxes (#14) and then click the “Save” button.
III. Adding a New Course
Navigate to the “Manage Courses” table by clicking on side-panel owl (15) or selecting “View All Courses” after clicking on the side-panel “Courses” button (15)
- Select the “+ New Course” button (16)
- Complete the “Create New Course” form (17) and then click the “Save” button
- To add students to the new course, select the new course and then the “Manage Students” button