<< Back to Beginner’s Guide
Introducing E4Effort to students
- Review the screencast video below.
- On the day you are ready to begin using E4Effort, show your students either the slides (you will be the narrator) or the screencast video.
- You do not need to know how to score all the Effort categories to get started. Some teachers begin using E4Effort with just the one or two of the effort categories and work in the other categories over time.
- On Task is a good category to start with. After the screencast video is completed, give the students a learning task, watch to see who starts right away, and then circulate the classroom checking student effort.
- If you do not plan on using all four Effort Categories, change the weight of any category you are not using to 0% and adjust the remaining category weights so that the total is 100% – see Beginner’s Guide / Check 3.
Slides for introducing the E4Effort system to your students If you decide on using the slides, use PowerPoint “Presenter View” so that you can see the script as you present each slide.