STEP 2: Obtaining the Effort Scoring App – Clever and Classroom-synced Accounts
There are three parts to the E4Effort system. The Teacher Dashboard and Student Portals were created for your account when you signed up.
The Effort Scoring App must be downloaded onto a smartphone, tablet or Chromebook from either the Apple App Store or Google Play. The Effort Scoring App comes with a ”Demo Course.”
Use the Demo Course to learn the scoring app’s features and see how data entered on the scoring app populates tables and graphs on both the Teacher Dashboard and Student Portals.
I. A is password needed for the Effort Scoring App
Users who sign up with Clever Library or Google Classroom-synced accounts need to create a password for opening the Effort Scoring App.
- From your Teacher Dashboard select “Settings” from the side-panel (1) and then “Account” or click the blue and white icon located in the upper-right corner of the page (2).
- In the “Edit Account” section you will see your school email (3). This email is not changeable from within your E4Effort Teacher Dashboard.
- Enter and confirm a password (4) to be used to sign into your Effort Scoring App
II. Obtaining the Effort Scoring App
B. Sign into the scoring app using your school email and the password you entered at “Edit Account.”.
C. The app will open to a list of your courses. Select the “Demo Course” to begin learning how to use the scoring app. To see how effort scores populate Teacher Dashboard tables and graphs:
- Open the Demo Course on your Scoring App, select an Effort category (buttons at the bottom of the app), and score some students or the entire class
- From a device larger than a smartphone, open your Teacher Dashboard and under Courses, select Demo Course
- Review the “Students” and “Scores” tabs between each set of scores you complete (remember to refresh your browser)
- Scroll down to the bottom of the Students page to see a graph of average class scores over time.