After you have used the Teacher Scoring App (Effort App) long enough to give each student several scores, select a date/class period to show students how to access and navigate their Student Portals. (This will likely take 20 or more minutes – depending on the number of students you have.)
- Show the screencast video: Accessing and navigating the Student Portal (below).
- Pass out the Parent Letter and Student Assignment.
- Have students sign in to their Student Portal
- Have students complete assignment-items 1, 2, and the second part of 3 in class and complete the rest of the assignment with parent/guardian at home.
- Each student will need a copy of the Parent Letter and Student Assignment (editable). (PDF)
- If you did not sign up with Clever, your students will need access codes. From the “Students’ tab of each Course, press on the “Print Access Codes” button. Next, look for an email from “[email protected]”
Getting Started / related articles and screencasts:
- Signing up and getting started – Regular acct.•V,A
- Signing up with a Clever-synced acct.•V,A
- Introducing E4Effort to students•V,A
- Accessing & navigating the Student Portal•V,S,G
- Effort Shares and Buybacks•V,G
- Include student in-class effort in your gradebook•A
- Reduce your correcting workload•A
- Template for printing Effort Award certificates•A
Key: V=screencast video; A=All plans., S=Silver plan, G=Gold plan.